S is for Superbowl.

2:44 PM Posted In , Edit This 3 Comments »
How dumb and predictable, I know. But, it just so happens that it fell at the right time for an “S” post.

Hubs and I got back yesterday pretty tired and sad from our visit to my brother’s house. We had a couple superbowl parties that we could have attended, but we decided that we would MUCH rather spend a quiet evening at home watching Troy Polamalu the Steelers play. With my ever-so-apparent love of food, I KNEW we couldn’t watch the game without a couple snacks, but we had been out of town for the past four days and had NOTHING in the house. . .

So, at approximately 5:00pm, I went to the grocery store (after a brief detour to my sister’s house where I sliced open my ankle on her screen door). Yikes. I knew everything would be sold out, but I tried my hardest to be creative.

I picked up stuff to make buffalo chicken dip, a pepperoni, cheese, olives, pickles, and of course, fritos and dip.
Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe : I did however substitute some of the Frank's Red Hot for melted butter because Hubs doesn't like the dip to be too spicy.
I am pretending hoping that is Frank's Red Hot coming out the side of my pile of dip, but my gut (literally) is telling me it's grease from the butter. . . Maybe that's why it taste's so good. . .

3 comments:

Mary Ann said...

YUUUUUMMMMMMM!!!! Your olive tray looks very good.

Sarah Alway said...

Yum, that looks good! This was the first year I've missed out on SuperBowl parties - we stayed home, too. Once I realized AZ was going to lose I tried to just focus on studying.

Jessica said...

All my faves! I made some buffalo chicken dip while we were skiing, but mixed the cream cheese, chicken, frank's, and ranch on the stove. So it was very creamy, and we added some queso.