Nursery.

9:55 AM Posted In , , , Edit This 6 Comments »
As you can probably imagine, I am so very eager to get our sweet baby girl's nursery set up. Actually, I can't stinkin' wait!

I could possibly be the hardest person in the world to please so I have been having an impossible time picking out the bedding. I think little girls (and boys!) are so special and individual, so I can't imagine grabbing a bed-in-a-bag that could truly match everything I feel about this tiny baby.

My criteria for the bedding was this;
1. LOTS of colors! I wanted to be able to match solid color crib sheets with whatever we chose
2. NO CHARACTERS! END OF STORY!
3. No butterflies, bugs, animals, etc.
4. Flowers were ok if they were abstract and not strategically placed in rows and or columns
See? I'm a freak. I found some that I liked, and some that I looooooved, but they were either in only brown and pink or $500 for a 4 piece bedding set.

Solution? Ask these incredible people that I am lucky enough to be related to and or friends with to make it for me!!! Yaaaaaaaay!!!



Luckily, my sister is friends with (so I, in turn, am friends with...) the very talented Stephanie of Providence Handmade and she has graciously agreed to work with us and create our own bedding for our sweet little H.A. (I am not sure I am 100% ready to reveal our name...)!



I asked her yesterday if she would maybe consider helping us out...my sister is amazing behind the sewing machine, me...not so much, but she said she would definitely help us out! Sa-Weet!!! Not only is she doing this pro bono, she also put together this LOVELY collage of everything we should include in the room, aahh, the benefits of having an interior designer friend!!! Check out this bad boy--

(Sorry! I can't figure out how to make this bigger!!! )
Needless to say, we can't WAIT to get started!!!

6 comments:

amyd76 said...

Love your no characters rule!! I was very strict for a very long time. No characters on anything other than PJ's. (gotta give a little for the grandparents). Now my mom has bough some old school character shirts- smurfette, s. shortcake, curious george- and I'm OK with them. But...I still don't buy character stuff. When we go shopping, sometimes Isabella will say, "Oh, I like this. Wait a minute. It has a character. Nevermind. " Love it.

Mary Ann said...

Sounds good. Can't wait to see the fabric. Btw, your font is really small on your blog. I just made mine bigger. You should too.

Amy said...

I just saw your comment on MckMama's site. I have a little boy his name is Cavan. Hadleigh is the name I have picked out for a girl if I ever have one!! I was shocked because only one person ever knew that name and spelled it the boring way. I love IT!!! Congrats on your baby girl.

Amy said...

And I just read your profile and my name is Amy and I am in school to be a teacher. Crazy!

*Amy Leigh* said...

Amy- That's nuts! What a small world!

Jessica said...

I can't wait to see what you pick out! NO DORA!