OK, Here's To Another Resolution...

10:23 PM Edit This 2 Comments »
Ok, Ok, Ok...I know, I know, I know. My blog sucks. There is no two ways about, I am not a blogger.

However, the New Year does bring new things, and I have made my students pledge to do at least three resolutions this new year and so far, I have only chosen one. A little hypocritical if you ask me. Many of my girls have chosen the resolution, "try something new" so I decided to follow in their footsteps. I am trying something new, I am trying harder at something I have been doing, and trying to turn over a new leaf.

Trying something new--
I am going to give blogging another go. The real reason I believe I couldn't stick it out before is because I didn't think people would care about what I had to say. But after looking at a few random blogs, I realize that the mundane things people write about on here are things that happen to me, people don't have to like it, and if they don't want to read it, they won't. Unless you are my brother-in-law. He could care less about what I have to write, but he will still sit at work and read every single word I post, so maybe, just maybe-- This blog is for you, Nathan.

Trying harder at something--
Well, you would think spending $12/week would encourage me to lose weight...and I have been trying...but I have been on Christmas break and spending SO much time with my sister and enjoying EVERYTHING the holiday had to offer...and I mean EVERYTHING-- if it wasn't tied down, I ate it. So, I am vowing to try harder in my losing weight process.

And finally, turning over a new leaf--
Believe it or not, I am the undisputed queen of dis-organization. You may think that is hard for a teacher to be dis-organized...and news flash...IT IS!!! Half the time I am at school I do not know if I am coming or going. ALL the time at home I am feeling this way. I am vowing to keep my home clean and get organized...We are trying to move into a new home *cross your fingers* in early February and I hope that is all the motivation I need to clean out my clutter and get organized. I also just got my county-issued laptop (about 12 weeks AFTER I was supposed to...) so I am hopefully getting all of my lesson plans in order and beginning to FINALLY get into the rhythm of teaching.

So, here you have my resolutions. I would never, EVER promise my dear readers that I will post everyday, or who knows??? After my current track record, I may not even post every six months...but I will try...I promise.

2 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Yay! I can't believe you are bloogin again! One tip I saw about what to write about on blogs was just to sit down and type whatever is going through your head. Who cares if it is nonsense and you don't think anyone will want to read it. Guess what though, people will still read it! I can't wait to tell Nathan you're back up and running. Maybe he'll leave you a few comments if you're lucky!

Anonymous said...

YES! The blog makes its triumphant return to bring in the new year. Literally 3 million fans (or is it just 3?) rejoice and can now go about their daily lives without fear that this blog is dead. Speaking of New Year's resolutions, wasn't there one about you and the spelling challenged previous commenter running a 5k?