C is for Concerts

11:43 AM Posted In , , Edit This 2 Comments »
This is Little Big Town singing at our local concert spot...It's really far away and a pretty lousy picture, but oh well...They sang on all four corners of the stage so there really weren't any "bad" seats!

Like most young ladies, nothing thrills me more than some good music. Imagine my surprise as my sister's sister-in-law called me and asked if I wanted to go to a FREE concert with her?!?! Free was the key word there...I wanted to go to this concert anyway, but the tickets wer far too expensive for my lifestyle. But luckily for me, her husband has connections AND had to work that night, so that left Sarah with a free ticket! I was so pumped to see George Strait...but especially LITTLE BIG TOWN who I also saw at Mountain Stage with The Davisson Brothers' Band! Nothing says "country concert" like my favorite three things...tight jeans, big hair, and cowboy boots. All day I was dreaming about my evening. *Random sidenote: I have been friends with Sarah since I was in 7th grade and she was in 9th. I have always known just how wild this lady could be, but I though that marriage and two children may have tamed her wild urges..but boy, was I wrong...*

The concert was great, first of all, how could a free concert not be good? And secondly, Little Big Town and George Strait were phenomenal...Everything was smooth sailing until the concert was almost over and my sweet little Sarah, married, mother of two, decided it was necessary for us to sneak onto an elevator leading backstage. I was, to say the very least, extremely hesitant of getting on said elevator. Finally, after some gentle persuasion, by gentle I mean Sarah grabbing my arm and forcibly pulling me onto the elevator, we were riding down to backstage. We quickly enacted a plan, we would simply pretend that we were trying to get to our car in the parking garage and we must have taken a wrong turn. The doors opened and here we were, no cops, no visible security, just a girl at a table. When she asked if she could help us we told her that we couldn't find our car and she sweetly pointed us in the "right" direction, upon which we turned left and waited for George Strait to come off stage. We stood there, waited for about 1 minute and there he was, about six feet from us. He then went back on stage to sing an encore and we hung out with the light crew and pretended like we were supposed to be there...The light crew was privy to certain information, such as "the security guards will take your camera if you try to get a picture of GS" etc. So, me being the rational school teacher says that we shouldn't try to get a picture, just the experience will be enough...but no, Sarah decides she needs a picture and continues to hold my camera in hopes of getting another picture. Well, long story short: he comes back off stage, Sarah gets excited and snaps the picture a little too early, we leave backstage, and then make our way to the car.

Maybe she is a little crazy, my sister would have killed her 10 times over at this point. But that's the Sarah we all know and love. . .


Now, I just hope her husband gets another set of free tickets and has to work the night of Keith Urban and Carrie Underwood!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THIS BLOG!!! I have settled down alot in the past 5 years, Andy did that to me! But i still know how to have a great time! If i get tickets to that concert coming up, you had better get ready, i'm going back there again! Why not, whats the worst that could happen? You only live once, might as well make it good! ]
Love- Sarah

Mary Ann said...

You're right. It's a good thing I wasn't with her!