I really do mean well...

10:59 PM Posted In , Edit This 1 Comment »
Last year I received a special birthday present from my girlfriend Melissa. I opened a small gift bag filled with jewelry from Express, The Limited, NY and Co, etc.  They were all very impressive pieces but I couldn't understand why she gave me all this stuff, everything would have totaled well over $100! She let me in on her secret. Living in Morgantown, the Gabriel Brothers headquarters, we had the inside track on some certain sales. Melis told me that every so often, there were boxes and boxes of broken jewelry delivered to Gabe's and people sifted through it to find matching pieces, individual beads, necklaces, earrings, etc. Well, needless to say, I had to get a piece of this action. I went to Gabe's the following morning and filled up a bag as big as my torso for $10!!! That is when I began bead working in the hopes of simply creating some jewelry to give away to my pals as presents. 
I ended up making all my of bridesmaids' earrings and bracelets from random pieces of old necklaces that looked like green shells. (I will post a pic if I can round one up soon...) Anyway, the real reason for this post is to explain my next goal. I am in the process of buying my first home. A big selling point for me and husband was the large portion of the basement that remained unfinished. Some people may have walked into the house and thought, "hmmm, what a GREAT storage space!" but as soon as Tyler and I both saw it we knew it was perfect for our workshops. Husband loves any kind of work with his hands/tools. He is such a crafty handyman, I really should take a picture of this shoe rack he made me, but all he could envision was having all of his Craftsman tools lined up neatly in his tool box and his nice "man space" until his wife, sounding just annoying enough to come across cute, asked for her own workshop. I wanted him to have his space, but there is a lot of space down there and I think we could share it and I could get my bead business up and running just like it should be. No more beads hiding in Victoria's Secret boxes under my bed, now I will have a place for everything and everything will be in it's very own place. The idea of having all of my beads and tools neatly organized sends a shiver down my spine. But the very best part of all is that while husband is setting up my "workshop" he will be able to use his tools to build me tables....ohhh, maybe I will ask for cabinets. I better not get too carried away, he may banish me from the basement. Oh well, if my plan comes into fruition, I will most definitely post pictures of my new workspace. Until then, I will stick with my boxes under my bed....hmmmmph