B is for Bed

8:17 PM Posted In , Edit This 1 Comment »
and what a bed it is.

After a few weeks of debating, harassing family members, begging husband, calculating costs...we are the proud owners of a new bed.



See, my old bed was fine. Actually, I love my old bed, but it was small...very small. It was a gift from my grandmother or aunt when I was moving into my first apartment. While I lived in my college town it served me very well. Plenty of space for one, comfortably firm, a bed of pillowy-top perfection...until we moved into our house. My seemingly comfortable full-sized bed transformed our happy home into a constant nighttime argument...Normally something like this;

husband: MOVE OVER TO YOUR SIDE OF THE BED!

me: if I move over anymore I will fall off the edge

husband: That's impossible because I am on the absolute edge of the bed and you
have at least two feet on the other side of you.

me: hmph.

husband: I will go sleep in another room if you don't scoot over.

And sometimes he would and sometimes he wouldn't. Anyway, we needed more space.


We found a mattress that we loved very quickly, but we wanted to be sure we loved this mattress so we shopped around. We had a lady look at us like we were crazy because we wanted to spend LESS than $1,000.00 and someone told us that we should spend as much money on it as we could because it would be a lifetime investment. We decided that our first mattress was the best bet, so we went to our local Sam's Club and picked it up! It was about $860.00 for the mattress, box spring, and the universal bed frame! And the best part is, it is the MOST comfortable bed I have ever slept on!




Sure it takes up most of the space in our bedroom...but what else do you REALLY need in a bedroom?? We still have our dresser, chest of drawers, and our nightstands, so I think it is a nice fit!

1 comments:

Jessica said...

I love it! It looks really nice, I can't wait to see your new room. I haven't checked your blog since the fall, sometime just after your "3 obsessions." I was so surprised to see so many entries! I'm excited to keep reading.