L is for Lingerie

4:59 PM Posted In , Edit This 3 Comments »
Main Entry: lin·ge·rie
Pronunciation: \ˌlän-jə-ˈrā, ˌläⁿ-zhə-, -ˈrē; ˈlaⁿ-zhə-(ˌ)rē, ˈlän-jə-, ˈläⁿ-zhə-, -ˌrā\
Function: noun
Etymology:
French, from Middle French, from linge linen, from Latin lineus made of linen — more at line
Date: 1835

1 : linen articles or garments


2: women's intimate apparel

Remember, it's that stuff you got at your bachelorette party but stuffed in the back of your drawer or traded out for your husband's over-sized tee?

Wait?! You didn't do that?
Oh, well, it's that stuff I gave up on a long time ago.

It's not that I didn't appreciate my gifts, because I did, and they were beautiful. It's not even that it doesn't fit me anymore, because it does, probably better now than when I was married. . . but I just get so dag-on cold when I put it on.

Needless to say, husband loves it. He is a boy and what boy wouldn't love to see the wife they love and adore in something beautiful? Ok, I added the love and adore part . . .

So the solution? Enter my best friend. It just so happens that she is also the world's best photographer. Maybe she hasn't won that particular award yet, but if there was one, she would definitely be in the running. Anyway, she takes all sorts of lovely pictures, she took my sister's family pictures and she took my girlfriend's headshots, and another friend's engagement pictures. She has weddings booked all throughout next summer, SOMEBODY IS EVEN PAYING TO TAKE HER TO MEXICO FOR A DESTINATION WEDDING!!! Homegirl is up and coming!

But she has never taken boudoir shots. Well, unless you count those risque photos from 11th grade. . . Needless to say, in her quest for all things perfect, she needed to tackle the bedroom. Me, being an incredibly spunky, more comfortable sans clothing, kinda girl, I jumped at the chance. And of course, I felt it was my civic duty to help my friend. Emily got four of our friends, rented a hotel room, and got to shootin! We all came at separate times to make us comfortable and it was just like I was hanging out with a friend. Now, I must say, Emily is one of my nearest and dearests so I would be comfortable with her in clothes, out of clothes, standing on my head...you get the picture. However, I talked to another boudoir chica that was not really great friends with Emily and all she could say was how comfortable she made her feel , blah blah blah...If you haven't gotten the moral of this message...it's that Emily takes great pictures and makes people feel great about themselves while doing it. The only stipulation I gave Em was that she used PhotoShop liberally on my cellulite and any other nasty area of my body.
Yesterday she sent me three "teaser" photos via facebook to let me know how they turned out. . . They looked great but my sister freaked me out about having a pic up here so I took it down. . . maybe one day I'll put one up. 

3 comments:

Karie said...

I'm so glad I'm not alone about questioning that. I always feel so bad but how do you know? Thanks for all your awesome comments. Theyre very helpful.

**Liz** said...

My husband soooo wants me to get pictures like that. Someday...

*Amy Leigh* said...

Karie-
I'm here for ya girl and I sometimes know how you feel!

Deliz-
DOOOOOOO IT!!!! One of these days I may post one of the pics...they are great!